Y'all may have noticed that I've started wearing false eyelashes. My natural eyelashes are short and sparse, so I've longed for the gorgeous long lashes that my children and others have. I've been drawn to false lashes before, but I lack the confidence that I'll be able to manage the glue without it ending up all over my face.

I ventured into Target last week (in person! gasp!) and decided to give the Eylure ProMagnetic lashes a try. At $14.99 the price point was reasonable. They only had 3 styles in stock, and Wispy looked the least dramatic, so off we went to the register.


I was nervous about applying them, but I shouldn't have been. I mastered liquid liner ages ago, and hardly wear pencil liner anymore. That's all this requires -- 3 layers of liquid liner that includes magnetic particles. Allow the liner to dry between each application, and make sure that the width of the lined portion is the same width as the band of the lashes. Once dry, bring the lashes to your eyes and watch the magnets kick in! I was successful from the first go!

 
 


Eylure magnetic lashes have either 4 or 5 small magnets attached to the band. After wearing these for most of a week and a couple of days, I've got a couple of thoughts/notes.
  1. I wouldn't want to wear lashes with less than 5 magnets, particularly one on each end of the lashes. They make a difference.
  2. If you reposition the lashes, you'll need to reapply the liner, at least in spots. Some of it pulls away with the lashes.
  3. Make sure that you apply the liner all of the way from one corner of your eye to the other, so that you don't end up with the inner corner of the lashes pulling away from your eye by noon. Which has happened. More than once. (It's a learning effort!)
With these being the first lashes that I've purchased, I haven't been sure if they're too dramatic (substantial) for daily wear. I like the longer lashes, but this has felt a bit too long. Also, the Eylure lashes are good for 15 wears; I wanted some that lasted longer. So, off I went to search for a different set to try. I learned A LOT about magnetic lashes.

If I thought that the ones that I purchased and saw at Target were substantial and dramatic, I hadn't seen anything yet! 
Eylure Pro-Magentic lashes in Dramatic

The Eylure lashes that I purchased are Faux Mink. My research into lashes identified that lashes are either made of mink or synthetic mink. Natural mink lashes are supposed to give a more natural look and lighter feel. However, I'm a softie for animals, and I can't bear the thought of minks being farmed and killed so that my lashes can look pretty. Therefore, I eliminated companies that include natural mink lashes -- even if they offer synthetic lashes. I'm sure they're great companies; I just don't want to financially support this practice.

I was about to resign myself to stick with the Eylure lashes when I stumbled upon Lolas Cosmetics last night. They have 5 magnets, too, and come in a larger variety of lash length and fullness. They're also good for 30 wears, and cost $29.99 for the lashes alone. After much consideration, I decided to go with the Sapphire lashes.

Lola's Cosmetics Magnetic Lashes in Sapphire



They'll be here in a week or so, so stay tuned for a review and comparison of them! In the immediacy, I will say that the Eylure lashes seem to be a little bit better priced, since you get the liner and the lashes for $14.99. With the Lola's lashes, you're getting twice the number of wears for right about twice the price. Expectation: The driving factor in preference will likely come down to the length and fullness of the Sapphire lashes.

Stay tuned! We shall see!

Comments